Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I have a Miller Thunderbolt arc welder for sale. It works good, a little noisy, but it is a buzzbox. No leads come with it. I have it on craigslist for $150, but I'll let it go to any Tips n' tricks forum members for $125

Free delivery within a 100 mile radius of Detroit (includes Canada) but you have to buy me lunch.

Other Steve
Attachments
IMG_7873.JPG
IMG_7873.JPG (92.88 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Delraydella.

What year was the 225V manufactured?

Alexa

==============

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KvnU-DtiY
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=40843
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Alexa,

I'm not sure what year it's from. 1990's, i would guess, but i don't know for sure.

Other Steve
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
BDoubleU

Can you find a serial number on it? It should start with 2 letters that will indicate the year it was built. Basically, start with A=0 and count up from there. In 2000, they used "L" as "0" because AA had already been used long ago. They also skipped the letter "I" becauase it could be mistaken for #1.

A=0
B=2
C=3
D=4
E=5
F=6
G=7
H=8
I=skipped
K=9

Serial number for "modern" Miller equipment will look something like this: KK123456 (made in 1999)
As a note, Miller recently added a letter at the end of the 6-digit code to indicate where it was built ... As in which production line.
weldfusion.com