Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
jtyson
    Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:13 am

First off, I know it is generally bad form to join a forum and make a classified ad for my first post, but I am in a bit of a time crunch for selling it, so I don't know where else to go. I've decided to give up on my TIG dream and admit that I just don't have the hand for it. I need to sell this welding set up to buy another MIG, because mine was stolen. I found a great deal on craigslist, so I am trying to get rid of this quickly so that I can scoop it up before someone else does.

I bought this welder used about 5 months ago. I only know the story of it's life as it was told to me by the previous owner. He said that he purchased the welder to use on his tube chassis race car and said he probably had around 40-50 hours on it. I have probably used it a collective hour in the time that I have had it.

The only downside to this rig, is that I was an idiot the other day and rested my torch body on my project, melting it and trashing it. So, it will either need a new torch (wp-26v) or a different set of leads for the other torches that come with it.

I'm asking $2100 obo for the whole package. I would prefer to deal local, but I will ship everything - minus the argon tank of course. I will even consider driving to meet you somewhere if it is worth my while. I'm located in Albuquerque, NM.

Here is what is included:
Maxstar 200dx
300cu argon bottle w/regulator (has a little left in it)
RFCS-14 HD foot control pedal
110v power adapter
Arc stinger
Ground lead
TIG lead for wp-26v or similar torch
Weldcraft wp-17f torch
Weldcraft wp-9fl torch
Weldcraft wp-24f
A small toolbox full of various consumables - collets, cups, lenses, etc
About 3 boxes of various sized tungsten.

Please call or text me if possible. I will do my best to check PMs on here though. I can also send more pics if you would like.
Jeremiah
(505)-379-1917
welder.jpg
welder.jpg (188.37 KiB) Viewed 4427 times
extras.jpg
extras.jpg (170.26 KiB) Viewed 4427 times
pedal.jpg
pedal.jpg (183.05 KiB) Viewed 4427 times
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Good luck with that.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
jtyson

Mike wrote:Good luck with that.
Was that sarcasm? Or genuine? If sarcasm please do explain why
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Jtyson,

I suspect it was a bit of both... A sincere "good luck", combined with the fact this forum is still so small it will take a small miracle for you to sell it here.

If you'll allow me, I'll share the post on a few forums I know with a larger readership.

Steve S
jtyson

Otto Nobedder wrote:Jtyson,

I suspect it was a bit of both... A sincere "good luck", combined with the fact this forum is still so small it will take a small miracle for you to sell it here.

If you'll allow me, I'll share the post on a few forums I know with a larger readership.

Steve S
Steve,

Thank you for that. That would be great. I've posted it on the other forums I am on as well. I just figure another line out there can't hurt. Price drop anyhow, $2k takes it all home. I've gotta move this thing quick, need the cash for the MIG. I will consider separating the stuff once the welder itself is spoken for
jtyson

Ordered a replacement torch today. So unit wouldn't be shipped out until mid next week, but will be a "turn key" system. Still at $2k because I'm eyeballin a mig set up that I need in my life badly!
jtyson

Got the torch in. I'll be honest, I am not totally impressed. I ordered a cheap weldcraft knock off and it just doesn't weld as good as the real deal. So, with that said, this is now a fully functional welding rig. However, if I were to keep the machine, I would probably order another brand name torch to replace this one.

I'm not the welder many of you are though, so any sort of handicap I can get I need to take. This torch may work perfectly fine for you if you have a good hand. As stated in the first post, I don't lol!
jtyson

Come on guys! Somebody buy this thing! I just made the deal even sweeter for you. I ordered leads for the other torches so now nobody has to. They will have a complete rig with 4 different torch options. No excuse not to buy it now! Leads are due to be here Friday or Saturday so keep that in mind if you want to buy it and when I can ship it out.

I've got someone who will buy the bottle locally, but that doesn't make a huge difference in price. Shoot me offers people. I want out of this rig. But be nice to me, I've spent another $150 getting it even more ready for people and I haven't raised my price at all. It was already a good deal, now its a great deal.
jtyson

Sold locally thanks everyone
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey, J,

Glad for you! Join us in the MIG forum, and tell us what you buy!

Steve S