Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
pipedream
    Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Passport Plus is SOLD !
Last edited by pipedream on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Very nice. But we are not primarily a "for sale " page. Please make a bit of intro/ background post about yourself or head over to eBay.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Mick,

Pretty sure you have to approve his post for him to see your reply.
Not sure, though.

I approved it, so we'll see if this is a member or a salesman.

Steve S
pipedream

Isn't this a , buy, sell, trade welding equiptment section of the forum ? I'm not a salesman, I'm a retired certified pipe welder trying to sell a welder ? What seems to be the problem ?

pipedream wrote:Isn't this a , buy, sell, trade welding equiptment section of the forum ? I'm not a salesman, I'm a retired certified pipe welder trying to sell a welder ? What seems to be the problem ?
The problem is that this is a trading section for active members of the forum... a "member to member" exchange, and you haven't bothered to go to the "introductions" section and say hello to the membership.

Be a gentleman, or be gone.

Clear enough?

Steve S
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Steve and Mick,
You guys are being ridiculous.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Not really. You don't let someone walk into your house and start calling the shots with out introducing themselves. I see this place as a kind of home.
pipedream

I sure don't want to be where i am not welcome, sorry for the inconvienence. Could you please tell me how to unsubscribe!Thanks
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Pipedream,
I am sorry Mick and Steve came off as a little abrasive. I will apologize in advance for that.

To give you a little of where they (and we) are coming from, we are in fact a family here. Many of the active members here are in fact friends and we actually share phone numbers and other social media friendships. We like to know a little about each member, backgrounds, interests, experiences, etc which gives your posts a background so we know where each member is coming from. Unfortunately we occasionally have mners who just use the forum to get their question answered am never return or those who just want to sell and never contribute. While we have no problem helping in any way we can it is just nice to know there is a human on the other side of the screen name.

I beg of you to give us another chance. You will enjoy what this forum has to offer, dispite getting off on the wrong foot on our part.
-Jonathan

You and Everyone is most welcome. But this is not a Local Welding Supply, (even if it was, I'd expect a 'hello' first) we have a general expectation that new members will introduce themselves before laying their needs and wants on the table. Please do not unsubscribe, just test the waters before doing a cannonball off the high dive.

Well, re-reading it, I'll say this.

I stand by what I meant, but I apologize for how I said it. I could explain how, why, and where my irritated comments came from, but one of the best tidbits of advice I ever got was, "Never screw up a perfectly good apology with an excuse."

We do want to be the stand-out community, and a group of friends, and I didn't help that cause. I've become accustomed to (so have come to expect) a line of, "Hi, I'm Joe, and I've been welding Unobtainium for the MIB for 6 years, and I have this surplus machine..."

As Mick said, it's not uncommon for someone to drop a single post and disappear, and the rules about keeping the sale/trade area non-commercial are particularly strict to protect our founder from fees/licensing/taxes associated with a commercial site.

I do hope pipedream has a good read through the threads, and decides to stay with the community.

Steve S