Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
MonzaRacer
    Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Picked up a PrimeWeld TIG225acdcp with Arsenal kit.
I finally got to break it out. Came in and boss wanted me to weld a flange back on a catalytic converter.
Now on circuit in my bay at work it would pop breaker just turning on. So I went to different outlet, and dove in dirty faced.
Running 3/32 lanthanated, number 5 collet I believe and on 110v wound up cranking it to 140 amps to get her to take a weld but I got it stuck together.
Not my cleanest weld, my best welds are mig and some stick and gas welding with steel.
I'm mechanic with exhaust experience welding steel and chrome moly with gas and mig.
I also have Thermal Arc 95s scratch tig.
But I must say the PrimeWeld has , on 110v , so far been an awesome welder and I am now waiting on electrician to Install my 220 0utlet.!
I must also shout out to Servore welding goggles. I love them as I'm on my second set, lost strap clip on first set.
Lee
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

One thing that can help is changing the filler wire you choose. ER70 I’m exhaust applications becomes pretty brittle. Experiment with 312 even if it’s carbon-carbon. 312 is more ductile and less prone to cracking.

And above all else, clean the ever-loving bejeezus out of the area inside and out. Contaminants in a weld are evil beings.