Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Linda
    Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:26 am

Hi my name is not Linda.my name is chuck.every thing in our computer is in my wife's name. I was wondering if any one has ever made a purge box that keeps argon around the piece you are welding.thanks
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome Chuck. You don't have to build a box per say. Just use some tin foil to make a dam around the joint you're working on.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Chuck.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Chuck a.k.a. Linda,
First off I don't think it matters who's name the computer's in, you should be able to pick a unique screen name for yourself. Hell, you could have even gone by Linda and not told us and we still would have tried to answer your questions, unless they're about cross-dressing, then I'm out. My name's not Braehill, that was the kennel name for my German Shorthaired Pointer and she didn't even own a computer..

I haven't seen a thread here about that in particular, but I've seen where people have made them out of blast cabinets like the cheap ones they sell at Harbor Freight, Northern Tools and the like. They seem to work well for a minimum investment. A second Argon supply with it's own flow meter and a small vent hole to keep the purge and you're in business.

But can you build your own? most definitely.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Chuck.
    Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Welcome