Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
jtmcclain
    Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 pm

New guy here from West of Omaha. I'm in maintenance now for 2 years after MIG welding everything from 1/4" rod Christmas decorations to flux core transmission poles with 1 1/2" welds that get x-rayed, so I have a ton to learn still. I have an old Miller 330 A/BP welder with tig torch and cooler I am scared sh*#less to actually tig with for some reason so I have been watching Jody's videos and trying to get a feel for it. One of these days in the next week or so I will probably start practicing on some scrap aluminum. I have a guy that wants me to build 6.0 Powerstroke intake and exhaust manifolds for him to sell so I need to figure this out.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Nebraska,

You've found the right spot.

I'll be blunt, though... Don't expect to be building saleable manifolds in the next two weeks... 8-)

Seriously, between Jody's awesome efforts, and the advice and trouble-shooting (and general light-hearted banter) you'll find here, it won't be long before you wonder why you were scared of that machine.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome. Speaking of manifolds, about 25 years ago I was helping a friend put a big V8 in a tiny little British convertible and none of the commercially available headers would fit. I was new to TIG but thought I could do it so we made a set from stainless tubing. I didn't know what polarity to use or anything. Long story short, (too late for that) they didn't turn out very good. A few years later with a lot more experience and practice, I made a new set that worked out perfect. Anyway, welcome to the forums. Glad you are a member.
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid