Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Countrywelder
    Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Greetings: I've been watching Tricks and Tips for years, and finally joined this year. I've got a converted barn to metal shop with a old Lincoln Arc welder, a Lincoln 125 mig welder, and a older Thermalarc tig inverter. I went to the Adult Welding School in Simi Valley to get better at Arc welding and also practices with mig and tig. I never got certified in any type of welding, but have made lots of furniture. A good day for me is using all my welders that day. I've started to branch out and include some blacksmithing to different projects. I love to help friends on ranches, welding rusty old pipe with their portable arc welders. I have found that to be a skill like no other. No prep work, just welding thin pipe, with 40 years of rust, and making it still for another 40 years. Pretty welds not required. Working around cattle feeding troughs, repairing busted or cracked corral pipes, and just getting it done with whatever is handy. I found this type of welding to be so difficult, but I have a good teacher. I can watch him and I get lots of practice as there is always something braking. That's it for me.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome aboard
since you have been following this site
you already know the talent that resides
here. have a question, you'll receive plenty
of educated answers.
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil