Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
phoenix
    Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Hello,

I'm currently in school at a local Tech College (that's a tech school gone uppity). Working on stick flat and horizontal right now. Then on to vertical and overhead, then MIG, and finally TIG and advanced TIG. Not sure where I want to go with my career, however I am leaning more toward TIG and aeronautics work, or fabricating. Two completely different directions I know.
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

You can do high end fabricating and tig work, but won't be able to do much "fabricating" in aeronautics. It's very satisfying in both. I've worked in both, and enjoyed both. There's a lot of ways to make a living in this industry, take whatever experience you can get after school and start honing
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Phoenix,
Welcome to the family! Sounds like you have some arc time in your future. Done worry so much over your path, I have been doing this for 8 years and still don't know at times what direction I want to go in.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Phoenix,
Welcome to the family! Sounds like you have some arc time in your future. Done worry so much over your path, I have been doing this for 8 years and still don't know at times what direction I want to go in.
-Jonathan
Hell, I'm 46, and I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up....

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:Phoenix,
-Jonathan
Hell, I'm 46, and I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up....

Steve S
Insert the store chain song, "I don't wanna grow up, I wanna be a......." :lol: :lol:
-Jonathan
    Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Welcome Phoenix! I'm in welding school at a tech college also lol. Some boat as you stick, then mig. But I am taking TIG now with stick since it's where I want to be!! Hopefully we can help each other out!
Check out my journey through welding school https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWQmJ ... aTma2q31Qg