Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
JustJim
    Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:42 am

Greetings all,

First, Thanks for the videos on You-Tube and the acceptance to these forums.

As the Username implies, my name is Jim. I am a 46 yo Husband/Father/Welder/Fabricator living and working in the Chattanooga, Tn. area. Most of my metal work is done at my day job at one of the largest Fab Shops in the area. I have been there a little over 8 years, it is easily the best shop I have ever worked. 5 Lasers, 2 Hi-Def Plasmas, 6 Press Breaks from 85-300 tons, 6 CNC Mills, 4 CNC Lathes, a dozen MIG welders, 8-10 TIG welders and dozens of other "Little helpers" machines that allow us to do some pretty nice work.

I hope this will be a two-way street of information between myself and everyone here. What little I have prowled through here already I have learned from.

Thanks again,

JustJim
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

JustJim,
Welcome to the forum! I would say the shop you work at has provided you with a wealth of knowledge. You might be doing more answering than asking. Glad to have you here.
-Jonathan
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome mate.... You sound like a good guy to be a friend with. :D

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. It must be great to have access to all of those nice 'toys' and have the time to use them.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

paul_s wrote:Welcome to the forum. It must be great to have access to all of those nice 'toys' and have the time to use them.
What's even better is being paid to use them!
-Jonathan
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum JustJim.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
jednate
    Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey i just moved to chattanooga and was wondering if you had heard of any job openings in the area?
I have experience in mig, tig and stick on carbon, stainless and aluminum and know alittle about pipe fitting, structural fitting and fabrication.
I'm not looking for a hand out or a "good word" just word on work. Thanks
Jed
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome, Jim. Glad to have you as a member. :D
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid