Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
MikeDiP7
    Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:06 am

Hey everyone, I've always been interested in welding. And Ive done some very basic welds with a Harbor Frieght MIG. I'm currently im my 4th week of school for Stick and directly after rolling into TIG! I absolutely love it. Minus the fact that Ive destroyed three sets of Tillman gloves already lol
    Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:28 am

MikeDiP7 wrote:Hey everyone, I've always been interested in welding. And Ive done some very basic welds with a Harbor Frieght MIG. I'm currently im my 4th week of school for Stick and directly after rolling into TIG! I absolutely love it. Minus the fact that Ive destroyed three sets of Tillman gloves already lol
Welcome!

I am a new member here as well and I have to say so far the community is great and the site is very informative.

I have family out that way, hope to visit sometime.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome to "The Hood"! ;) :D 8-)
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings and welcome. You will find a wealth of information here and lots of friendly folk.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
MikeDiP7

My welding school actually highly recommended this site for help! So that's pretty telling!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

MikeDiP7 wrote:My welding school actually highly recommended this site for help! So that's pretty telling!
Welding Tips & Tricks or this forum itself?
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:
MikeDiP7 wrote:My welding school actually highly recommended this site for help! So that's pretty telling!
Welding Tips & Tricks or this forum itself?
-Jonathan
Jonathan, we have three "new hires" who are either "in" or "fresh from" school. They have all used Jody's videos, two came in with TIGfingers, and one has Furick cups in his kit. They are also members on the FB forum. I haven't sold them on joining here yet. I'm not sure why, unless they see this as "graduate school", which it isn't. More like a University, with information for everyone from the AA to the PhD.

WT&T is recommended by this local school, so it doesn't surprise me to hear of other schools turning the students on to it. Jody has been networking with welding schools to help promote the trade, so I expect to see more reciprocity like this coming along.

Steve S
MikeDiP7

The site and the forum actually. I was told the site has a lot of good videos. And the forum was a good place to ask questions

MikeDiP7 wrote:The site and the forum actually. I was told the site has a lot of good videos. And the forum was a good place to ask questions
Thanks for sharing that with us. While I knew Jody's videos were being recommended as a good source of information, I had no idea our little forum was being promoted in that way. It pleases me we've earned some respect.

Our goal has always been to help each other out, sometimes with the most obscure information you can imagine, but always with the sole intent of "being our brothers' keepers".

That makes me feel warm and fuzzy... :roll:

Steve S
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I actually joined the forum after Sam told me about it, he heard about it in welding class at school. That tells me that at least some of the welding teachers out there are finding the value that both Jody's videos and this forum add to teaching new welders. I know that I've learned more about welding from these two resources than I could have learned in two lifetimes teaching myself, and I'm an active learner.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote:I actually joined the forum after Sam told me about it, he heard about it in welding class at school. That tells me that at least some of the welding teachers out there are finding the value that both Jody's videos and this forum add to teaching new welders. I know that I've learned more about welding from these two resources than I could have learned in two lifetimes teaching myself, and I'm an active learner.

Len
That's great! We'd not have met otherwise, though we both make our living from APCI.

Steve S

That's probably true because before I started watching the videos on WT&T, I spent very little time on the computer.

Len

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote:That's probably true because before I started watching the videos on WT&T, I spent very little time on the computer.

Len

So do we blame our forum addiction on Jody then?? ;) :lol:
-Jonathan

I might have to, because this the only forum I actively engage in.

Len

Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

MikeDiP7 wrote:The site and the forum actually. I was told the site has a lot of good videos. And the forum was a good place to ask questions
I too am glad they recommend both Jody's videos and this forum. It is nice to know the effort we put into this community is appreciated. It also reminds us that there are a lot of folks reading what we say.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:
I too am glad they recommend both Jody's videos and this forum. It is nice to know the effort we put into this community is appreciated. It also reminds us that there are a lot of folks reading what we say.
-Jonathan
True. We are an open community, and may be read by many more than we can know.

Our membership may be a mere shadow of our audience.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:
-Jonathan
True. We are an open community, and may be read by many more than we can know.

Our membership may be a mere shadow of our audience.

Steve S
Steve,
I have often wondered how many actually read what us active members, and everyone for that matter, post. I would bet it is more than we think. Knowing this helps keep my answers as accurate as possible. Except when we are having fun. 8-)
-Jonathan