Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Hello everybody from Southern Oregon. Biff here! I'm the usual backyard welder or at least side yard welder. My garage is so full of junk that I am forced to work in the yard. Anyway, don't have anything too fancy to weld with, but the machines are old and very heavy duty. I learn to weld next door (42 years ago) when I was 12 years old helping the guy with his dirt track race car. (56 chevy! Oh if we only knew what they were going to be worth some day?) Dad passed away in '91 and left the Miller and Lincoln. Bought the plasma cutter used in '96 and I can still get consumables for it. It's getting harder to find and more expensive for the Stoody spray media. I bought the Tig last fall because I was getting tired of running over to my friends place to use his spool gun to shoot aluminum so I bought one I could afford. I joined the forum last November but been too busy and lazy to actually join in. I've watched many youtube videos on how to use the tig and that's how I've ended up here. And yes, I have a tig finger ... well, maybe two.
I learned to weld when I was young so I could fix the things that I broke and play as hard the next day!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Biff,

If you've been reading/following/lurking, you can see the value of this forum.

We're happy to help where we can, and happy to have you help where you can.

Steve S
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

biff
welcome to the forum
i too am a self taught welder/fabricator
and this forum is a perfect fit for pros
as well as guys like us.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig