Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Brules
    Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:28 am

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm a new student in welding and hope to eventually get my certification. I am an older student/welder. I'm eligible to retire from my current job in 6 years at age 55. I'm thinking that after.retirement I'd like to do something totally different from sitting at a desk work. I'm not sure what that something will be; either working at a welding supply store, welding for a company, or some other position in the welding field. If you have suggestions from your own work experience I'd love to hear them.
I'm looking forward to continuing to learn from this forum.

Will
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Will,
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any suggestions for you on your retirement, but you have found a good place to learn welding. Lots of good people here willing to share what they know just for the asking. Your posts will get highjacked and we're easily sidetracked, but you'll get good stuff in the end.

Keep a note book handy while you're learning and write down what works and more importantly what doesn't, it's the best tool I found when I was learning.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Will.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200