Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Least honorable
    Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 pm

hello there, i am a welding student in quebec, and so you know a little' about me, after im done school i want to do 1 of 3 things: work in fab shops small or big, get my high pressure welding education to then either do pipelines or most likely do high pressure welding going from company to company, or make motorcycles if i get good with tig after alot of practice

feel free to say what you would do in my position, or say what kind of welding you do now :)

thanks,
regards

-Noah
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck with building motorcycles. Just practice the crap out of tig.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

High-pressure welding pays so nice...

Building motorcycles is very satisfying if that's something you love.

Fab shops suck. Even the best paying ones...

(Your mileage may vary.)

Steve S
Least honorable
    Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Fab shops suck. Even the best paying ones...

(Your mileage may vary.)

Steve S
compared to other jobs, id imagine so but since different jobs come along and its always new stuff i was thinking of doing it for like 3months (the lenght of time until the next high pressure course is open) then ditch the fab shop if you say it really is bad. i might just do either motorcycles or high pressure, thanks for your input :)

and when you said high pressure pays so nice, i assume you mean high pressure as a whole, and not just pipeline welding, correct?

sorry for many questions, but thank you for taking your time :)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Yep.

I've never been a pipeline welder, though I've welded some high-pressure steam pipe.

My favorite was pressure testing my own welds to 9680 PSI after the NDE (x-ray) was done.
GEDC1506.JPG
GEDC1506.JPG (183.44 KiB) Viewed 334 times
Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Noah.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome Noah.

I think I've replied to a couple of your other posts here and there.

Hey, regarding the motorcycle thing, I am into that too - in fact it was the primary reason I took up Tig. I bought myself a 'basket case' bike in a heap of boxes recently and that is how I am going about learning my way around frame modification and bike part fabrication.

The bike cost me very little, so all my experiments in modifying the frame and swingarm, as well as fabricating clip-ons and brackets, are a 'no risk' deal for me; it's not as though I stand to ruin an expensive bike.

Loving it. Would love to hear what you are considering building.

Cheers,

Kym