Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
HELacey
    Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Howdy Folks. My friends call me Boone, some call me dumb@$$, you can call me anything just don't call me shirley. I'm 24, work in a fab shop in a small town nestled in the mountains of Appalachian North Carolina welding mostly stainless, and also running most of their machine shop. I'm looking to relocate within the next 6 months and wanting to go union. Never tried pipe, but I've practiced on 1/2 plate a lot. Anybody got suggestions of where to go?

Currently interested in Boilermakers, Ironworkers, and leaning towards something that pays Per Diem as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
Cold beer and cash money!
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome, Boone! Stainless welding, machine shop... what are you building?
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Boone welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
HELacey

Artie F. Emm wrote:Welcome, Boone! Stainless welding, machine shop... what are you building?

Anything that comes through the door really. We do a lot of work for the Tyson chicken plant in town, some R&D prototype. We're kinda like 70% job shop, 30% production work type of stuff.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

The prototyping must be interesting work, you must be pretty fair at reading blue prints. ☺
Dave
aka "RTFM"
HELacey

Artie F. Emm wrote:The prototyping must be interesting work, you must be pretty fair at reading blue prints. ☺

yes sir! took two courses while in school and a handful of drafting courses as well