Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
brdgbldr
    Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:23 am

I wish I would have kept welding after I was introduced to it my freshman year of high school, 1980. Yes, I'm 49'years old and looking for a new career that I can enjoy when I retire from my current job, in 5 long years. I only stick with it because I have a wife to support. I actually got back into welding a few years ago because of my wife and some projects she had that welding made a whole lot easier. She actually bought the Miller thunderbolt XL that we have. I got the welding bug so bad that I took a year of welding courses at my community college, at night, and got one welding cert. Figuring that it might get me in the door to try to get a job later. Since then I've just been welding for myself with a few minor welding jobs on the side. I made my own welding rack that is on wheels and holds two gas tanks, three welding machines, a water cooler for GTAW, and holds all my gear, tools, and consumables. I fixed my bosses elliptical machine. He cracked one of the runners that your feet go on. I have a stainless steel sink repair coming up from a local restaurant that may actually pay me.... of course it may just be a free meal but I'm just a newby, so what's a guy to do. Well that's too much rambling, so let's go weld!