Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
MattFrmSac
    Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:05 am

Hey guys,

Finally decided to join the forum after spending about 12 weeks on my couch watching YouTube videos (ask me about the time I got run over by a car and broke my ankle.)

After a long and illustrious career with In-N-Out Burger, I decided that at age 28, it might be time to try adulting for once. I moved to Logan, UT and enrolled in the BATC welding program. I'm nearing the end of the program and will be starting another program in aerospace composites, but while I'm doing that, I want to study for my CAWI.

When I'm not making a fool of myself int he welding booth, I sling rubber and turn wrenches at a tire shop, and race cars with my friends in the Utah SCCA Autocross. I have a short and well documented history of doing stupid things with vehicles, but that's what you do when you're young and dumb (and if my dad is any indication, when you're middle aged and dumb also.)

I'll be here learning what I can and posting a question on occasion. Here's some of my latest stuff on 316 SS sanitary tube, and 304L Sch10 pipe. I need to find my pictures of my passes with fill rod, because they're the stuff of nightmares. Maybe some day I'll learn just what the hell I'm doing when it comes to glue-ing this stuff together.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Matt,

Looks to me you've come a long way in a short time. I've little doubt you'll give as good as you get, here.

And, no, I don't want fries with that... :roll:
(couldn't resist...)

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Matt, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200