Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:51 am

Hello,

I just finished registering and setting up my profile and thought I would post an introduction.

I have not welded in quite a while but figured a welder would be nice to have around the shop. So, I have been shopping around for a new AC/DC Tig welder around 200 amps.

I ran across WeldingTipsandTricks videos on YouTube and had a couple other folks recommend the forum too. As an aside they mentioned that the owner lived in the same area as me too. I am about 50 miles N.E. of Atlanta up I-85 in the little metropolis of Buford.

So anyway I am looking forward to reading and posting, see you all around...

Welcome, Dean,

This is the best little neighborhood on the net to discuss/learn/teach welding. (As much as one can learn or teach remotely...) No ego contests, no flaming, just people serious about welding sharing questions, problems, ideas and experience.

You're right, you are close the founder of our feast. He actually keeps his participation here to a minimum, though he will chime in from time to time. In his words, he didn't want the forum to be "Jody says..." and it's worked well. It's evolved into something we're all proud of.

Since you've found his videos, you've likely seen him review some machines that fit the bill for your needs (well, your wants, at the moment... we always wish, a year later, we'd bought a little more... :roll: ) We have a section specifically for product reviews I invite you to explore, and there are several topics in the TIG section that discuss particular machines. The search function is adequate, if a bit clunky, if you're looking for information on a particular machine.

If you aren't aware, Jody, along with Jonathan Lewis and Roy Crumrine, host a weekly podcast you can stream or download that is always interesting.

Jody's videos have been referred to as "the keys to the kingdom", and the widely varied experience here has been described as "the collective expert", so the only limit on what one can learn is that person's level of interest.

That was wordier than usual for me...

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Dean, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the welcome ! Someone on the Home Machinist forum told me that Jody lives in the Atlanta metro area, as I do, and suggested I register here.

I envision myself primarily TIG welding for my projects as they are usually smaller tasks which will need some good looking small welds etc... So I will probably be hanging around those topics.

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome, Dean,

This is the best little neighborhood on the net to discuss/learn/teach welding. (As much as one can learn or teach remotely...) No ego contests, no flaming, just people serious about welding sharing questions, problems, ideas and experience.

You're right, you are close the founder of our feast. He actually keeps his participation here to a minimum, though he will chime in from time to time. In his words, he didn't want the forum to be "Jody says..." and it's worked well. It's evolved into something we're all proud of.

Since you've found his videos, you've likely seen him review some machines that fit the bill for your needs (well, your wants, at the moment... we always wish, a year later, we'd bought a little more... :roll: ) We have a section specifically for product reviews I invite you to explore, and there are several topics in the TIG section that discuss particular machines. The search function is adequate, if a bit clunky, if you're looking for information on a particular machine.

If you aren't aware, Jody, along with Jonathan Lewis and Roy Crumrine, host a weekly podcast you can stream or download that is always interesting.

Jody's videos have been referred to as "the keys to the kingdom", and the widely varied experience here has been described as "the collective expert", so the only limit on what one can learn is that person's level of interest.

That was wordier than usual for me...

Steve S

Thank you very much Mike!

Mike wrote:Dean, welcome to the forum.

AR15DCM wrote:Hello,

I just finished registering and setting up my profile and thought I would post an introduction.

I have not welded in quite a while but figured a welder would be nice to have around the shop. So, I have been shopping around for a new AC/DC Tig welder around 200 amps.

I ran across WeldingTipsandTricks videos on YouTube and had a couple other folks recommend the forum too. As an aside they mentioned that the owner lived in the same area as me too. I am about 50 miles N.E. of Atlanta up I-85 in the little metropolis of Buford.

So anyway I am looking forward to reading and posting, see you all around...
Welcome Dean! I don't normally greet new folks but your screen name caught my attention. Somewhere I heard that Jody lived in Cedartown for a long time. Thats where my dad lived until he passed 6 years ago. I lived there for awhile too and did plenty of exploring north Georgia...beautiful! Any way...feel free to ask any questions...like Steve said, there are no egos around here and people will go out of their way to help you out. Good luck getting back in the saddle...it won't take long.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

Thank you !

What caught youre attention about the name? LOL

I started using this name back in the early 90's. My first competition rifle was a AR15 and the first competition I shot was the Director of Civilian Marksmanship service rifle match. Thus came the name AR15DCM. If you search it using quotes "AR15DCM" you'll see a ton of responses... I am not sure if that is good or bad. :?