Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
funkbandit36
    Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:28 am

Hello everyone,
I just recently graduated from welding and machine tool and am hoping an interview tomorrow lands me a good job. In the meantime, I was wondering if there were any pulse spray transfer videos. I didn't see it specifically at a glance. I know spray transfer is typically done in the flat (1G) and sometimes horizontal (2G) positions, but with the pulse feature it can be used in other positions as well, I think. So I was wondering if there are any videos already that demonstrate using pulse spray transfer in multiple positions and any tips about it i.e. wave forms and good negative percentages, square wave and other wave manipulations and if it makes a big difference or not, ect. Thanks for any feedback.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi, welcome along.

As far as I know, Jody has not ventured into pulse mig as of yet. Maybe in the future. If you dig around youtube and google enough, you may find that welding machine manufacturers have their own videos related to their products. Lincoln, Miller Esab, Fronius and Kempii all have pulse machines and all have youtube channels. EWM is anther brand as is Migatronic.

Good Luck,
Mick
funkbandit36
    Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:28 am

Okay,
I'm sure he'll do some eventually, it's kind of tech-dependant on the machine. I may have confused AC TIG with the MIG down current on the pulse feature. Thanks for the suggestions.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

36, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200

No problems. If you did mistake ac pulse tig for pulse mig you'll find heaps of videos on pulse tig.

I tell a dirty dirty lie. Here is a video of pulse mig. There is possibly even one with aluminium

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/mig ... pulse.html