Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
CatmanFS
    Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 am

Hello, I'm a hobbyist car mechanic and machinist. I recently ventured into welding after purchasing my second third gen camaro, an 85 z28. Some of the panels underneath are rusted and need to be patched and replaced. I was thinking about different welding machines, and decided that before I take the plunge into expensive machines that I get my feet wet with a small HF inverter. After some experimentation, and working on a small project to strengthen an engine stand and seeing the limitations of that machine, I was hooked. I now have a Lincoln 210mp and I largely have to thank Jody for his review of this machine, seeing it's flexibility I decided it was perfect for my needs and now I have a 230v hookup and a tank of argon and am building a very nice welding cart as a first real project. I am totally in love with this machine and the capabilities I now have are impressive, at least to me. I always had limitations in my shop as far as what I could do, and now I feel more capable and confident that I can tackle more challenging jobs and get them done right. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Jody for helping make this dream a reality. My grandfather who passed away some time ago was a tank mechanic in the Korean war, and had build a large garage, and a radio tower in his back yard using nothing but a Lincoln buzzbox and he would be proud to see what I'm doing now in his honor. I will be posting more about my projects, asking questions, and if I'm lucky, even helping others by sharing the knowledge that I have gathered. Thanks again!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

CatmanFS, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200