Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ole496
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:56 pm

Good evening everyone, new guy here from MN. After checking out several different online forums, I chose to join this one. I'm a very new, inexperienced welder and I've been doing some homework. I read two welding books cover to cover and I have been watching videos and reading forum posts for a few weeks. That doesn't mean I can weld and I'm looking forward to learning more.

I have a Hobart 190 Mig + the spool gun brand new in the box...haven't even opened it yet that's how new it is. I visited a great local welding shop in the north metro of the Twin Cities and picked up a bottle of 75/25 gas, some .030 wire, gloves, jacket and auto darkening helmet. I think I've got the safety stuff covered and I think I'm ready to dive in and make some things.

My first goal is to make some simple rectangular seat brackets out of 3/4" square tube for my Grumman Sport Boat. If and when that is done, I'd like to make a 2 wheel portage wheel/dolly for the boat. Eventually, I'd like to make a welding cart, small welding table and a stand for my bandsaw. So, I'm sure you'll see me struggling and asking for advice on the forum real soon. Thanks!
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome to the forum
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Welcome from Bemidji :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

ole496, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200