Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

since I will be picking your brains I thought you all had a right to know who is attempting to steal your knowledge.
I am 56, still working and may always have to but I hope to throw it down in no more than 6 years so I can do my own thing. I wont say I have been welding because that would be an insult to true welders but I have been sticking metal together for about 40 of my years here on earth. I, as the name implies am a proud granddaddy, 2 boys and a girl. I love the outdoors, small game hunting, camping, hiking and canoeing and kayaking. I like animals in general but I LOVE Dogs. I am a serious pack rat. I see value in every scrap of metal, every piece of all thread, pipe, nuts, bolts and parts I cant even identify but most times I find a good use for them.
career wise I was a hvac mechanic and service tech and pipe fitter up until about 20 years ago when I fell into a job with some really good bennys and a really good retirement plan. I ran mostly copper refrigeration lines but also ran some chilled water pipe, hydraulic piping and some Lp and Nat' gas and fuel. out of all the work I did pipe fitting was the most enjoyable to me but raising a family service work paid more so that's were I went. I built a shop over the summer and got moved in about 2 months ago, I am getting set for the day I hope I can retire and play with my tools. I have a Miller TB at work with a high freak rig we tie to it but I never get a chance to play with and am hoping to become at least passable with the SW 200, mainly for the ability to weld material I haven't been able to up to now unless I could sneak it in at work.
I have been married to the same woman for about 35 years, I will probably find out tonight because I just realized a couple of hours ago today is our anniversary. I have trolled these pages and watched Jody's Vids for a long time and find it to be a really good site. another hobby: I have a friend on here who's user name I don't know so I read post trying to pick something out that will give him away.

I know this is waaayyy more than an intro so apologies all around and God speed.

creek.
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome...
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200