Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Eephus85
    Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:10 am

Hello everybody,

I am a lover of everything mechanical but I especially enjoy welding. I am or was a pipe welder by trade. I'm from Augusta, GA. and was a pipe welder for the local pipefitter union. I mainly welded SS pipe and tubing. The first time I ever ran a bead I was 14 and I have loved being under the hood ever since.

I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum and trying to soak up all the knowledge I can.
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

Great to have you! Am or was? Retired or are things just slow? (If you don't mind me asking...)
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

85, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Eephus85
    Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:10 am

WoodpeckerWelder wrote:Great to have you! Am or was? Retired or are things just slow? (If you don't mind me asking...)
No I don't mind at all, unfortunately I had to have knee surgery due to previous sports injuries. Due to these injuries I had to try to find work less strenuous on my knee, cause the 12 hour shifts of kneeling and climbing were wrecking that knee. I probably could have toughed it out but my doctor said if I continued that work I would continue to need surgeries, and the plants I worked at did not like giving medical leave for surgeries.