Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
JalopyBldr
    Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:40 am

I'm an old guy (71), but fairly new to welding. I spent 38-years in the machine tool industry in various capacities, but I've always wanted to learn to weld. I never really had the money when I was younger or time, as I got older. I retired in 2001 and the first thing I did was to buy a a Hobart HH120 MIG. I wanted something larger after a year or two of learning the basics and bought a HH187, which I'm still using and still learning. I'm self taught, but realize I have a long way to go (and at my age, a short time to get there !) and would like to improve my (lack of) skills. Most of the advancement I've made with welding, has been learned on "Welding Tips & Tricks.com" and I can't thank Jody enough for sharing his time & knowledge with us.

For the last 5- or 6-years, I've been building a '36 Ford 3-window coupe as a 'traditional' (i.e. late-'50's) hot rod, which had been on my bucket list for 50+ years. The majority of welding I do is on sheet metal and although not up to professional standards, I've been told by Weldors I look up to, that the welds look good. In any event, I apologize for rambling and will sit back and try to learn all I can from y'all. If I feel I can add anything from my experience, I'll chime in, but other than that, I'll be a silent member, except for the inevitable questions.

Thanks in advance,
-Bob
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Bob, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome, Bob! Got any pics of your Ford? Post em up!
Dave
aka "RTFM"