Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
TxTaildragger
    Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 am

Hey there,

Been using a Mig most of my life and recently acquired a Lincoln 255 Squarewave for Tig welding aircraft fuselages. Been watching all the videos applicable to welding tubing by Jody. Sure am happy to be apart of this wealth of knowledge and hope to learn enough to keep my Pitts from breaking up around me :shock:

Jeremy
Lincoln Tig 255 SquareWave
Lincoln CoolArc 40
Miller 251
Pilot/A&P
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Jeremy,

We have a few aircraft enthusiasts and builders here. I don't know if you knew, but Jody is (or at least has been) an EAA member.

Roger Mann has plans available for a wood-and-fabric Pitts replica that can be built as a true part 103 ultralight that I was very interested in. I imagine it would be a lot more fun built as an experimental, as that version is acrobatic-capable.

I have a few plan sets, and one "original" design ("original" in quotes because I borrowed heavily from existing designs) for a float-plane, done for the mental workout after reading several books on aerodynamics.

There's a real wealth of knowledge on a broad variety of subjects here.

Steve S
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate!

That is a nice machine you invested in. You must have one hell of a breaker panel to run something like that. A lot of features. But if you are just learning focus on running beads and don't mess with extra crap. If you've tigged for awhile well then do what you want. :lol: Oh yeah some of the guys are a little peculiar at times. Watch out for Jeff (exnail pounder) he's a ball of fun :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
TxTaildragger

Thanks fellas! Is a 255 something that most guys don't have in their home shop?
Lincoln CoolArc 40
Miller 251
Pilot/A&P
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Well... not typically for the most of us unless we have a lagrer home business. For those who are smaller scale, we don't have the breakers for something like that or a syncrowave probably or no way to lift it on and off something.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Jeremy, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
TxTaildragger

Thanks Mike very happy to be here.