Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
gavin312
    Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Hello all! In a nutshell, I'm from Utah and my son races motocross, I had to have some welding done a few times on veriuous parts of his bikes. Each time I would wait a few days and then pay for awesome work, after about the third time I started to think how nice it would be if I could just do the work...Learn something new and be able to help friends out at the same time. I found a beginner class offered through the continuing education department of our local university.......... the instructor is an amazing older guy who's been welding for 40 years, has a shop and still works, but loves to teach and pass along his amazing skills. And, his stories from years and years of welding are hilarious.

Fast forward 8 months........ yep you guessed it, I can't get enough! I can't believe how addicting this can be, luckily I'm retired and only have to work part time, to pay for the kid's sport, and the instructor lets a few people come to the shop during the week to use whatever equipment we like. I'm TIG welding as much as I can to get better.... it is definitely an art.

These forums and Jody's videos are incredibly helpful and intertaining..... everyone keep up the good work.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro and thank you for allowing us new guys to learn.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate!

That's a nice setup. Having a nice setup of machines at your disposal. Let me guess-big tig machines with water coolers, 350 amp mig machines, plasma cutters, torches, shears, saws...

Well maybe it's just me missing the tech school machines. Anyways, looking forward to seeing your work.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Gavin, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200