Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Steven.cisneros
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:27 pm

My name is Steven, started welding as a kid being taught by my dad while he was and still is an oil field pipe welder. After getting out of the military a couple of years ago (never went anywhere but good ol Ft. Polk) I decided to go to welding school at my local community college to get my associates degree in welding (i know it means nothing at a welding test, i just wanted the degree part as a fall back) and will be done with school hopefully at the end of this summer 2017. Even though Im still in school i took to tig pretty good and actually recently landed a job tig welding aerospace parts here in texas a month ago, which is crazy because i went into the weld test expecting not to make it and ended up being offered the job. So now im over here getting and passing my certifications at work for inconel and titanium, it seems like i shouldnt be doing this because im still new to tig but yet welding aircraft parts while other people start out at more entry level welding jobs. So im a new tig welder but also an aerospace welder at the same time.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Steven, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome.
You should never feel bad about taking someone up on a job offer. For what ever there reasons they gave you a shot. Make the most of it and don't be scared to take the next good offer that comes along. If you don't burn bridges then you can always go back.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Steven.cisneros
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Poland308 thank you man, I know I just need to worry about getting as much experience as possible while I'm working here.