Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
AlphaWelder
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:13 am

Hello everyone its a pleasure to finally be on this forum and interact with fellow contributing members. My usnerame AlphaWelder is also my username on instagram(please follow me) and you'll be seeing more and more of my projects that i currently do at my full time job and on the side. I am a Welding Engineer at my full time job and im working in the piping industry working to codes ASME B31.1 and B31.3. Also, i qualify all my welders to ASME IX so please ask away if you have any questions regarding any of these codes. Also, i know many people have become interested in the welding engineering field and i could answer any questions there as well.

Thanks all!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome...
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, AlphaWelder,

I just yesterday produced a coupon to requalify for section IX. Next on my agenda is to produce coupons for PQRs to qualify our WPSs. We're going for our "R" stamp. We, as a group of people, have been through this before, but we're doing it as a new company, so it's starting from scratch with the PQRs. Then, I get to weld a demonstration piece for the National Board inspector.

I'm the only code welder in the shop. No pressure... :roll:

Steve S
AlphaWelder
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:13 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome, AlphaWelder,

I just yesterday produced a coupon to requalify for section IX. Next on my agenda is to produce coupons for PQRs to qualify our WPSs. We're going for our "R" stamp. We, as a group of people, have been through this before, but we're doing it as a new company, so it's starting from scratch with the PQRs. Then, I get to weld a demonstration piece for the National Board inspector.

I'm the only code welder in the shop. No pressure... :roll:

Steve S
Steve,

This is definitely right up my alley. The shop i work at as a welding engineer currently has "U"and "R" stamps and ive been through several stamp renewal audits as well as writing quality manuals so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Christian
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks, Christian,

I REALLY want to get a second welder qualified at our shop, but my best candidate couldn't pull it off. He's a great welder, but not a pipe welder, and the coupon is 2" sch. 40 304ss in 6G. I might suggest testing my second choice. The guy hates me with a passion, but I don't care. If he can do the work, I'll take it.

We're in coast mode at the moment. I do have to talk to the management tomorrow, as one of the procedures they want to qualify will never be used, and one I will use is not being qualified.

Steve S