Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
DevilDog
    Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:01 pm

My first post here on welding tips and tricks forum. I have been listening to welding tips and tricks podcast since the first episode and have been watching Jodi's videos since before that.

To be honest I got into welding simply because I like to do things myself if at all possible. I am in IT by trade and find that the screen is black in the morning and black at the end of the day regardless of how much I accomplish and that I need to have something tangible that I did as a hobby to keep my sanity.

I started by watching youtube videos and developed a passion from something I had never done. So, I ended up purchasing a Lotos 175 MIG which I validated as needing in order work on my project truck (1995 F350 7.3). Since the purchase I have been grabbing any project I can around the house to build my skills with time behind the hood.

At this point because I want this to be a fairly self funded hobby I am working solely with Flux Core line and no gas. I also have a stock pile of old bed frames that I cut apart and make whatever projects I can come up with from my first "welding table" then a log rack for a fireplace to a hitch rack for my SUV. My kids like to join me in the garage welding on whatever project I am working on and my 9 year old has already built a couple of mounted crosses from old rail road spikes and sheet for the bases.

My tools currently consist of a couple grinders with various discs, helmets of different variations (Old Jackson Fixed lens, Old Pipeliner and a couple Antra Autodarkening) as well as a couple screw type clamps.

Regards and I look forward to learning a ton from the community.

DevilDog
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

DD, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200