Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello.

I'm an auto enthusiast that is unhappy in my present line of work (sales), and my Volvo 245 needs its rusted through passenger-rear floor replaced.

I signed up for an 11 month Welding program at Atlantic Technical College here in south FL. I have never welded anything in my life, but I love Jody's videos and I am excited to learn :D

So here I am.

Ken
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

kenunot wrote:Hello.

I'm an auto enthusiast that is unhappy in my present line of work (sales), and my Volvo 245 needs its rusted through passenger-rear floor replaced.

I signed up for an 11 month Welding program at Atlantic Technical College here in south FL. I have never welded anything in my life, but I love Jody's videos and I am excited to learn :D

So here I am.

Ken
Ouch. I've done sales, and hated it. I did it anyway, because I want to try everything I can while I'm on the green side of the sod. Hell, I auditioned for a role in a play Saturday. (Something I never considered before.) I'm 48, and I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I commented on another thread that, like the Flu, the welding virus does not care how old you are, your gender, race, religion, etc. If you've been bitten by the bug, you're stuck with the consequences.

This is a fun place to learn and get your questions answered. We go off the rails every now and then, but it's because we're all friends and can laugh at ourselves and each other.

Welcome!

Also, I'm a fan of clever usernames, and I like yours!

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Ken, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200