Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Josh MacD
    Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:57 am

I'm about 3 months into welding after some training from an uncle and scouring the interwebs. I'm welding on an older Hobart handler 140 but love fabricating and the learning process. My welds are just beginning to not look like pigeon poop and I stumble onto the occasional quality weld. So far the Grinder is my friend but I'm hoping that will change as I learn. I'm sure to spend more time on here than I should. Thanks in advance for help and input.
Hobbyist MIG welder with 75/25 gas on a Lincoln SP-140 in my garage/workshop/gym/storage space. Very new and still learning.

"Service is the rent you pay for room on this earth" - Shirley Chisholm
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Josh MacD wrote:I'm about 3 months into welding after some training from an uncle and scouring the interwebs. I'm welding on an older Hobart handler 140 but love fabricating and the learning process. My welds are just beginning to not look like pigeon poop and I stumble onto the occasional quality weld. So far the Grinder is my friend but I'm hoping that will change as I learn. I'm sure to spend more time on here than I should. Thanks in advance for help and input.
Welcome, Josh, This is a good place to be. Unlike facebook, you can post that alleged pigeon sh!t and get serious critique without insults. We're serious about welding here (and not much else, as you'll see), and everyone learns something, even the old pros.

Steve S
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate!

As Steve mentioned above, we only truly care about welding collectively. Don't worry if a thread takes a slight path off of course-it happens. It's not you it is us. Specifically watch out for Exnailpounder(Jeff), myself, and a few others.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Josh, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200