Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:40 am

Hi all
Been a member for a while but due to cancer that was more important than posting here.
I have been welding various metals for the past 45 years + mainly gas welding alumunium as gas weld is softer than tig and as I needed to dress the weld when making body panels it is the best choice.
Dell
PS
Is it me being blind or is there no Gas welding on this forum?
Old man but still learning
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate!

Happy to hear that you are back and hopefully you've kicked that cancers butt for good.

As for gas welding-we don't talk a lot about it but sometimes it gets brought up. We do it in the general shop talk forum area. Don't worry about asking something if it doesn't have a specific area to go.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Dell, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Dell!

O/A welding doesn't get much discussion here, as it's not such a common practice these days. I always enjoyed it, and it taught me the puddle control I needed for a smooth transition to TIG welding. I've only ever done it on carbon steel, though. It's very forgiving once you understand what's going on, and I've actually done exhaust repairs with coat-hanger wire, like the cliche'.

I've always wanted to try gas-welding aluminum, since our mothers and grandmothers did it in WWII building aircraft fuel tanks, and I've seen it done with a #000 CUTTING tip!

Steve