Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Howdy Folks,

I joined a couple weeks back, and have only been browsing and reading so far...so I figured I'd take the time to say hello. I'm a Public School Educator who is retiring later this summer...and now that I'm gonna have more time, I'm ready to expand my horizons a little.

I haven't done any welding at all in many years...Did a little stick welding when I was a teenager (too many years ago to think about) on an old Lincoln Tombstone. But I've never done any Mig welding until very recently. I just recently purchased a Hobart Handler 210 MVP, and I'm determined to teach myself how to mig weld. I don't have any illusions of being an expert, just want to be competent enough to do some home/garage fabrication projects. And also, I'm an avid BBQ Pitmaster, and I''ve got it in mind to get good enough with this machine to try building my own BBQ Smokers.

I've been doing lots of reading, and watching lots of Jody's YouTube videos. I really enjoy his vids...He is very helpful and instructional, without appearing to talk down to noobs like me.

Anyway, that's a little about me...thanks for having me! Looking forward to learning from the many experts here.

Red
God Bless Our Troops and Their Families! To all Veterans and Active Duty Military Men and Women...Thank You For Your Service!

Hobart Handler 210 MVP
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate!

Glad to see you taking up a hobby. What did you use to teach/teach now?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Red, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Welcome aboard mate!

Glad to see you taking up a hobby. What did you use to teach/teach now?
I've been an administrator for the last 12 years...the last 4 years as my district's Director of Special Services. Before that I was the HS Principal for 8 years. Before that, I was a HS science teacher and head boy's basketball coach.

Thanks for the welcome!

Red
God Bless Our Troops and Their Families! To all Veterans and Active Duty Military Men and Women...Thank You For Your Service!

Hobart Handler 210 MVP
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome! That is probably the perfect machine for welding up barbecues.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome. Good to have you here. I have an old Hobart handler 150 I think it is. The thing just won't die. It's probably 25 years old and still welds great. You should do fine with your machine.

Cheers
-EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid