Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
WeldItUp
    Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Hello everyone!

Today is my first official day on the forum, however I've been reading and learning so much already it's just crazy. I'm the first in my family to weld, so this is a very new experience all the way around. The only experience I have to speak of is a memory of watching my childhood friend arc weld the end of his electrode rod to a steel patio deck frame, and a guy helping me at the fire station do some MIG welding on my new utility trailer. Any of you who are or know a firefighter know we like to tinker with all kinds of stuff in our down time. Observing the MIG welding (through a loaner hood) on my trailer was all it took to get me here, and the adventure is just beginning! Besides that I'm about as green as they come. I've already learned so much from all of you, and I'm looking forward to learning more!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome aboard! Texas is well represented here, so don't be surprised if a neighbor (relatively speaking) or two doesn't pop up along the way.

You said you've already read a good bit of our content; Have you checked out Jody's videos? Best free welding lessons on the planet. I've been doing this over 30 years, and still manage to learn something new from nearly every video.

Steve
WeldItUp

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome aboard! Texas is well represented here, so don't be surprised if a neighbor (relatively speaking) or two doesn't pop up along the way.

You said you've already read a good bit of our content; Have you checked out Jody's videos? Best free welding lessons on the planet. I've been doing this over 30 years, and still manage to learn something new from nearly every video.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WeldItUp

Thanks Steve! Yes sir I was introduced to Jody by my friend who did the welding on my trailer. I really enjoy his stuff and how he explains and demonstrates his techniques. I've already learned a lot, and now I'm starting the hard part of duplicating what I learned

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome...
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
WeldItUp

Thanks Mike! Happy to finally get some stuff going with this new adventure