Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
aaxiss
    Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:51 am

I say Re-noob because it's been 20 years since I've touched a welder or a torch. I was in an accident that left me paralyzed in 91' and recently was hit-n-run by some Idiot I fared pretty good ( skin Grafts To my Back ) but my wheelchair Didn't make out very good. Frame is Pretty Bad off and needs to be replaced and with my income being a $400 a month pension + social security I just can't see Dropping $1650 on a frame when I can get an Everlast PowerTig 250EX for a few hundred less.

I plan on making a new frame/battery box combo and fixing all the mistakes the mfg made in the first place. I can get rid of the cheesy swing away footrests and integrate something functional and good looking.

So be prepared, I will be watching all the videos I can and asking a ton of questions until I get familiar with this new welder.

Anyway , Hello From Orange, CA

Don
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

Welcome Don. Ask as many questions as you like. There is a lot of experience on this forum. Hope we can help.
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Just be sure to practice on some scrap first :p Good luck bro!
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
pro mod steve
    Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

Wish I was closer. Would love to help ya burn some metal. Good luck with your project and keep us updated.