Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Qwert66
    Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:53 pm

GM Automotive Manufacturing Engineer for 30 years desigining, purchasing, and installing final assembly lines for the FWD Halfshafts for GM and even Toyota & Chrysler worldwide. Something new every day around the world.
Had enough and retired 3 years ago when I was constantly asked to support and bail out the incompetence in China and Mexico while giving (helping out our PARTNERS as my boss would say) them all our technology and trade secrets.
Don't get this wrong as it was a wonderful career with many challenges that I thoroughly enjoyed except for the last 3-4years and would do it all again.

Ok on to welding - strictly hobby type fixing and fabricating most everything in the small job category for the family and neighbors for the last 30yrs as well.
It's my creative relaxing time when I'm not somewhere else in the world.

Hobbies include - RC flying airplanes and helicopters, SCUBA, Exotic foods, Travel, Photography, welding/fabricating. We have been to all 7 continents, the 4 largest water falls, 3 largest rivers, All continential highest peaks including Mt. Everest (Not including K2 in Pakistan)

Basically we live life with no regrets and thrive on adrenalin.
Pics at www.crosstravel.us

Selfless plug - please vote for us (June 2010) if you like the picture at http://www.petoskeynews.net/worldphotos.html
Hypertherm 45, SP-100 on gas, 175 AC/DC Sq Wave, 225/125 AC/DC, 7" x 12" Horiz/Vert Band, 16" - 16 speed Drill, 3HP 20Gal Air, 9" disk - 6 x 48 Belt, 8" Pedistal, O/A Torch, 150amp service to the 40x64 Pole Barn -Priceless