Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Chewy
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:48 am

Hello all! First of thanks Jody for all the videos you've done, very very helpful. Just a quick intro about myself, Active duty Navy, Engineman by trade but I love welding. I've been stick and mig welding since 2000 and decided to take the leap and attempt TIG.....oh boy a different beast. Your videos helped out a lot again thanks. I'll be retiring in February 2018, after retirement I'll be attending Tulsa to further learn some new skills and methods to become a better welder. Looking forward to collaborating with you all when I get stuck.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Chewy,

I know it's sounding trite to say, "Thank you for your service", but I'm saying it anyway. My dad retired from the Navy, and one uncle was the first operational casualty of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers" in 1943. My dad actually did a two-year tour in 1933-35, then re-joined later in WWII and stayed 20 years. He could have waited and retired E-9, but there was a baby on the way late in life (me).

This is a great place to be as you take your welding journey, as there's no drama, no put-downs, no facebook-style nonsense. Just a lot of people serious about welding and getting better at it.

Steve
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Chewy thank you for your service and, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200