Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
olek
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello to all

I just subscribe to the forum hoping there is more activity than on some French forum I use too.
I am a dedicated beginner, coming from a specific trade that is piano restoration, rebuild, maintenance, tuning, that I do since 30 years t least.

my English is limited so I will keep it short ;)

since the end of march, I did burn about 800 rods training again and again, with some trouble due to visuals (progressive glasses), and slowly understanding the goals ;)

I am not that bad with precise micro movements but the eyes need to be trained and helped (added glasses
, specific short distance glasses ordered, preferring a fixed protective screen n11 to the LCD, )

I begin to manage the weld and not moving the elecltrode hoping for the best...

Voila ! au plaisir de vous lire
Pianos , restorer and tuner
Dedicated to learn welding since april
slowly learning ;) not complaining of doing beads and beads
pro inverter PROGYS 200 FV PFC CEL+tig lift
OA Oxyflam 1000 cutting and welding gas torch
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate!
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, olek,

Don't fear the language barrier. It has yet to be an issue. In the worst case, we have a few Quebecois here that can help if something gets lost in translation.

I despise "progressive" lenses for welding. I use simple bi-focals exclusively, and my glasses for work have the magnifying lens set quite high, so I don't have to look "down" through my hood while welding.

In short, Welcome! You'll find a friendly helpful community here.

Steve
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Olek, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200