It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:16 pm Advanced search

Hello from Germany

Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.

Hello from Germany

Postby bossler » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:45 am

Hi there.

I'm a hobbyist welder from Germany (don't hesitate to point out any mistakes in my English writing, always want to learn/improve... ), started TIG welding last year and enjoying it every time I can get some spare time.

I've got an Esseti 250A AC/DC inverter machine from around 1990, still going strong (fingers crossed :) ). So far I did various small projects involving mild steel, stainless and aluminum, including of course the mandatory welding cart.

Not to forget: Everything I know up to now regarding welding, I learned from Jody's videos (and some older but nice stick welding videos from Steve Bleile...).
Thanks a lot Jody for sharing your knowledge and being the internet welding tutor. :D

I hope it's ok to add two questions to my introduction:

1) Trying to give something back to Jody, I wanted to order some stuff (TIG finger) from his shop, but unfortunately no shipping to Germany. I can see some TIG fingers on eBay and Amazon, but not sure if it's really the original product and Jody will really benefit. So anybody got a source for TIG fingers shipping to Germany?

2) On my machine I can adjust AC balance from 1-10:
1=95% negative
5=50% negative
10=5 % negative
So far, I was welding aluminum at around '3', meaning ~70% negative, 30% positive. Seems to be a kind of standard setting.
What about this '10' setting with only 5% negative and 95% positive? I did not try it yet and never saw any recommendation going that high with the cleaning action. Is there any practical use for this setting?

Best Regards,
Bossler
bossler

Re: Hello from Germany

Postby Coldman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:11 am

Welcome to the forum!
95% EP will destroy your tungsten in short order unless it's a really big one.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Coldman
Weldmonger

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:31 am

Bossler, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Mike
Weldmonger

Postby AndersK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi and welcome.

Jody's webpage says he ship to Germany.

I know three places to get them here but none with English website and I think only one with a webshop.
Can post links if you want to contact them.

Have a friend in Norway that sells them. Going to see him tomorrow so I can ask if he sells to germany if you like.
His webshop is in Norwegian only.
AndersK
Weldmonger

Postby bossler » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:23 pm

AndersK wrote:Jody's webpage says he ship to Germany.

On the FAQ yes, but on the checkout form, Germany is not in the list.
I asked some time ago using the contact form, but no reply. :|
bossler

Return to Member Introductions