Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Waddy
    Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:01 am

Hello from Northwest Colorado. Spent the first 35 years of my life on the family ranch. Too far from town to hire welding done, so I became the (mostly) self taught stick welder. Got pretty handy, but definitely not a real welder. Left the ranch and started playing with airplanes for the next part of my life, then semi-retired and started a custom saddle and leather shop. I have definitely missed the ability to weld whatever I needed, and just bought a little 120v Lincoln 140C MIG setup. Just enough difference to give me fits, but started resorting to the YouTube route, and got an amazing amount of help...most good, some a complete waste of time. Having finally found this "Welding Tips and Tricks" site, I have finally struck gold. Joey is very easy to listen to, can string together a sentence without inserting the phrase "you know" between every three words, and obviously knows his stuff; despite the inevitable YouTube Experts and the simpleton haters that love to trash anyone and anything. The camera work and quality if the very best of any that I have seen, and that includes videos from some major companies that should have better equipment and technique. At any rate Kudos to Joey and the crew!!!
Waddy
    Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:01 am

Looks like I got the name wrong...Jody rather than Joey? Old ears! Sorry about that.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

Yep, it's Jody. Joey is one of his sons, the webmaster for this forum, the WTT website, and the weldmonger store.

The podcast is a wealth of information, as well. It's on many of the popular sources, like iTunes and iHeart radio, or you can find it here:
http://www.wttpodcast.libsyn.com

Steve
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Waddy.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Madderoftime
    Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am

Another old dog working on tricks like me. Nice to see I am not the only one! :-)
Went in to the local college here even to learn mig since I had never used it. Wow was it so much easier than stick and tig. I used those for 30 years on my own.
So hello from Michigan! :-)