Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
stellarpod
    Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Greetings:

I live in Oklahoma City and am a 61-year old retired, white headed guy. I spent virtually my entire career in the oil/gas valve manufacturing sector, half of that time in Engineering and the other time in Sales. Needless to say, I have worked around most aspects of metal fabrication - including welding - but have not experienced any of it, hands-on, myself.

I have always been intrigued by metal work and have friends who are accomplished tool/die and welding guys. But, in retirement, I'm now attempting to teach myself the fine art of welding, starting with MIG. I purchased a barely-used Lincoln PowerMig 180 Dual and was practicing running beads until the heat of the summer set in. Now that cooler weather of fall is on its way I look forward to getting back out to the barn for more practice. I've watched many of Jody's videos, subscribe to his YouTube channel, and have found them quite helpful.

My goal is to be proficient enough to successfully make the odd repair here and there, and perhaps do some fabrication of my own. I do not anticipate ever trying to make a living at this, but just want to have this skill in my bag of tricks when the need for such arises. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this forum and hope to learn much from this body of welders.

Steve
Last edited by stellarpod on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. Steve.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200