It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 pm Advanced search

Hey This is Nial

Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.

Hey This is Nial

Postby Nial Adam » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:25 am

Hello
I'm a Jr. in high school still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. My interests are being a pharmacist one day or welder, both career choices have long hours. I was just wondering is welding still a good choice. They offer a welding program at my school, I was going to try it.
Nial Adam

Re: Hey This is Nial

Postby Poland308 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Union pipe fitters and welders can easily make $40 an hour on the check + benefits and retirement.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Welcome to the forum. I myself am a senior in high school and am currently going to my local tech school as well. There are plenty of jobs and money in the welding industry if you get good at it and are willing to work. Try out welding regardless. Maybe if you don't want to do it forever you can still do it in your garage. If you find you love welding and are decent at in high school go for it. A lot cheaper of an education as well, not that that should matter. Just remember, welding can be a hobby, those who practice be a pharmacist as a hobby end up in jail. :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:27 am

Welcome to the forum, Nial.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Mike
Weldmonger