Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
HAS
  • HAS
    Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Hello from Ontario. I have been welding in a variety of aerospace applications for 20 plus years using Tig. I was largely self taught from spending hours and hours, and hours and hours, and hours and hours, (slow learner) after work, sitting at the tig welder at my place y of employment. I was given the opportunity basically from being in the right place at the right time and taking advantage of it.
The go-to-guy for welding at this place was overworked from being in management, a jack of all trades, and everything else. I was employed as an AME (aircraft mechanic). I always had an interest in welding as it related to aviation. When I kept asking this fellow questions, and expressed interest in learning and doing, I was told, here is the welder, practice on your own time. Back then there was no utube or online forum. No time or money for short training courses, if there were any. Itj was largely read, and ask Bob or Fred or John, when you heard they were into tig welding.

That was many years ago. Now I have my own very small, aviation repair business, welding is a big part of it. We are now more and more getting into state of the art aerospace welding. I really need some new tricks and tips to consistently deliver a quality product. Most of our welding deals with tig on .025 inconel and titanium exhaust systems. Distortion is one of my biggest problems. I would love to connect with someone here that may have some tips on this type of welding

I have listened to all the Welding Tips and Tricks podcasts and many of the utube video's. These are absolutely great and I want to sincerely thank Jody and the others for all the work carried out to do this. These have been such an encouragement to me.

Larry H.