Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Davinci1Nut
    Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 am

Hey guys I’m new to this forum so forgive me if I say anything that might upset some purists I tried a set up on my dynasty 350 yesterday and was quietly surprised I removed the tig torch and put my arc lead in that receptacle then set the unit on AC I have a wireless foot controller so left the settings for that I set the pulse to 1.7 pps 60% and 40% background
The rods were 3.2 smooth arc 6013 welding 6 mm 1/4 plate together no preheat just straight into welding using the foot pedal to start. well to my surprise what a weld I’ve not seen anything like it very little spatter and a look of stack of dimes! Now my question is will this weld be weaker or be of less integrity than normal setup in DC
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ve never tried to weld stick with a foot pedal. But many rods do run just fine on AC.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Actually, stick welding with a remote, like a pedal, is quite common in Europe. I'd think it quite handy for 308/309.

Steve