Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
xzachx
    Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Hello, my name is Zach and I am just out of trade school for welding. It has truly become my passion. I currently have 17 certifications and am hoping to have my 6G pipe done before I am totally done with school (I've met my hours but can still come back to get more). I am tying to get my resume together, which they kind of started with us in school, but they left off certifications. I was hoping someone might be about to point me in the direction to find the technical terms for these certs to put on my resume. for example is it okay to just put SMAW 3G Open Root or should I have something else? Thanks in advance!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Zach.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome! I would guess that general descriptions would be fine. Especially if you include any copies of the official paper work. Anyone who is interested due to your listing of certs will either know what they are or ask you for more details. Besides even if you have certs you will most likely have to still take a weld test once you get on with a contractor, or even on site for a given job.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
xzachx
    Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks josh!