Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
TimR
    Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:12 am

I am a life long IT manager / Software Engineer, (I'm old), but always loved things mechanical. A retired Union Steel Worker gave me his old Lincoln Weldnpower that didn't work. After I put the wire back on the primary side of the generator, the field built and I got spark. With zero welding experience I got a 10 minute lesson and set out to building a bbq pit from a 7' propane tank. That was 11 or 12 years ago. About 6 or so years ago I got a Ramsond TIG/Stick/Plasma Cutter and taught myself how to cut and weld TIG. Spent a few months doing that before having health problems that kept me out of the shop until this week.

I pulled the Ramsond and some really nasty 6011 sticks out of the shop yesterday and started laying down some beads on a 3/8's plate. I wasn't shocked at how bad I was but was pleasantly surprised how nicely the inverter did. Looking forward to getting rods that aren't cracked, pealing and rusty. I would have pulled the Argon out but I don't want to spend the next few weeks unable to move.

I will spend as long as it takes to get that stick thing down before moving on to MIG. I don't have a MIG machine but Santa will bring me an ESAB EMS215ic for xmas. I had a Lincoln MIG machine but it grew legs and walked away.

So I am here because I like watching Jody and am impressed with his willingness to pass on his knowledge. I think Jody and Bob from Weld.com are the best teachers on u-tube. I am here to ask those weird newbie questions that will make eyes roll.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Tim.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200