Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Burley Industries
    Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello everyone.
My name is Jake Burley. @burley_industries. I'm a part time welder/fabricator about to go full time in early 2018. My company name is Burley Industries. The welding tips and tricks youtube channel and podcast have been a huge resource and inspiration for me.

For my day job, I'm an Acura technician. Long before that, was my welding career. My first job out of high school was at a fast pace trailer production plant. I job hopped similar plants as I worked my way up to more desirable jobs, ending at an all aluminum trailer plate doing all the finish tig welding. I liked the job but the pay was lacking. I got turned onto the ironworking trade by a friend. And after working for a few local companies I joined the Union and started traveling. I got to see some amazing places and meet some really great people. During that time I got married and bought a house but wasn't home much as there is little to no union work in my area. In 2009 we found out we were having our first child and I decided to make a career change so I could stop travelling for work. I went back to school, became a technician and am still doing it today.

In the last few years I've been taking on more and more fabrication, repair and welding jobs. One of my big passions is off-roading and overlanding. In 2015 I built an overlanding trailer, used it for a year for testing and was able to flip it for a profit. After that I built a few more and now I'm about to start on a lightweight aluminum version. I'm hoping to make this my main focus for the business.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, learning a lot from this forum and hopefully contributing where I can.
Jake Burley
@burleyindustriesllc
Tbottwelds
    Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:43 pm

Sounds like you got a good thing going with the trailers hopefully that all pans out well for you and good to have you on the forum..
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Jake.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Burley Industries
    Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Jake Burley
@burleyindustriesllc