Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
chmtt27
    Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:56 am

Hello, I've been hearing about this forum for the better part of three years now, finally made my way to it. I've only been out of welding school for a little over a year and all of a sudden I'm running a piping prefab shop. By no means is it a big shop but our production rate and expectation is fairly large, haven't done the math for a big day yet but i'll post that soon. We are using two Miller PipeWorx 400's with positioners for weld out and one PipeWorx 350 for tacking and fitting. RMD root with solid wire and pulse arc fill and cap with metal core. We also have a 2 axis plasma pipe beveler by Watts, 12" max pipe size anything bigger is cut with a torch roller. The foreman before me was very efficient with production and the work space so moving into a system that works well is nice. Its a new challenge for me and I must say probably a dream job, no more getting dirty and burned every day, for now anyway.