Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Unit562
    Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:27 pm

I am downright bad at introductions, but I also don't like visiting a new to me forum and not making one.

ASE certified automotive mechanic, Laborer with Local 242

In my free time between those two jobs, I own my own fabrication company where I specialize in performance automotive repair. Fortunately for now, the business is slow going and only friends ever give me a ring, however I do aim to change that once I become more skilled and capable. I have been surprised at how many people here in my area want mobile TIG welding services, I've been told many times how there's only 2 big companies that will only stick 7018 and will only do so for massive amounts of money.

I've been stick welding for a good 2 years now, got my start at Union Pacific railroad. I'd been a MIG monkey since I went to college for automotive, and when I laid my first good bead with 7018 I knew there was more to life than pulling a trigger. Now that I've gotten arguably "decent" if not amateurish at stick, I picked up TIG welding. Having the basics from arc welding, especially how much 6011 I've practiced with, TIG seems much less a pain than how bad everyone had made it out to be, but I also still don't know enough to talk about TIG welding yet.

Hopefully I can get some good projects rolling to post here, I know my work truck will be getting some additions to it in order to have a presentable product to show future clients.
    Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:41 am

I think you've got way more years of real world experience than 90% of the guys on here so don't be shy about teaching us all a thing or two that you have picked up in your experiences.
Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Tbaugh wrote » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 pm

I think you've got way more years of real world experience than 90% of the guys on here so don't be shy about teaching us all a thing or two that you have picked up in your experiences.

i think you are grossly underestimating the talent and knowledge in welding, fabrication, metallurgy of the members of this forum.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil