Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ThaiGuy
    Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:38 am

Greetings! My subject line explanation: I am not new to welding really. I have a similar background to Jody's, but in the Oil & Gas industry...except as a plant Operator/Head Operator/Supervisor/Project Engineer/whatever comes along, kind of guy.

I began welding for fun many years ago with gas and old funky MIG machines. Honestly, I disliked MIG operation, though affordable. Stick welding never suited me either. I like the precision and appearance from TIG work. Spent many, many hours watching super good welders performing root passes on 304/316 and 347 SS pipe...plus inconel, low chrome and everything else, except aluminum. Oil refineries have little aluminum.

I am American, living in Thailand with my family. We are having fun with creating parts for old motorbikes/scooters/cars and some racing boats. I have a question about source energy...will find the right thread location!
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

What part of the Country are you in?
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
ThaiGuy

Thanks for the welcome!
We split time between locations...Rangsit, Pathhum Thani is my wife's home for many years and the center of our business fun. We are developing a tiny orchard in Chanthaburi and building a new home there.
ThaiGuy

paul_s wrote:What part of the Country are you in?
I saw your machine listed...

Is that machine the predesessor to the WelTIG 200P? I am picking one up soon.
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

The machine is a DC only with pulse.