Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
bt101
    Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:51 am

The Everlast 255ext with water cooler sells for around $3000. which is a real good price ,the Miller 280dx with water cooler is around $8000. Now with the miller I can buy local and if needed local service ! but I'm sure Everlast has good online and phone service if needed. So i'm looking for any pro's and con's or personal opinions on either or both machines.Thanks for any info!
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I have a Dynasty 200 and my buddy just took delivery of his 280dx. The power unit was no where near $8,000 so you must be looking at a full package price. If you have a TIG box now, many components transfer over, saving you money.

I’ve never used an Everlast, but some say they’re great, others say their Support stinks. I can only tell you, when welding, the TIG arc on a Dynasty is second to none. That may or may not be too important to you, as many make a living with an Everlast. But for value, Support, resale, reliability, a Dynasty stands on top by every person who welds with them.
bt101

thanks for the reply I do need a hole set up which is 7500 plus tax and that is the direction I'm leaning towards unless I can be convinced other wise .I still think the Everlast is probably a real good machine but I want to know that it is so I"m still hoping to hear from everlast owners !
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I have an everlast pp 205si. It is a multi purpose machine and so far I am crazy about the plasma cutter (which I've wanted for some time), the stick welding (I am replacing a miller buzzbox) and the tig unit (a real green horn here) but getting used to it all...thanks to Jody.
My kid brother has the unit you are looking at and he is doing well with his.
I have had no issues with my machine (knock on wood).
I just need to get into reading the forums and LEARN the procedures and the why's to use certain accessories such as gas lenses and sizes of tungstens. But, practice will help greatly.
Whatever you purchase, is your choice and I do wish you well and good luck.

oh, by the way,,,patience and practice. While you are sitting around the house, get hold of a short length of filler rod and practice feeding it thru your fingers as if welding.
Bill
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

bt101 wrote:thanks for the reply I do need a hole set up which is 7500 plus tax and that is the direction I'm leaning towards unless I can be convinced other wise .I still think the Everlast is probably a real good machine but I want to know that it is so I"m still hoping to hear from everlast owners !
Jody has done some extensive videos and there are a couple where he's welding on the 255ext and 280dx, you might want to check his channel out.

Here's one of them:

Here's another:

Alan
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

I have the 280 dx but not the water cooled setup. I absolutely love this machine but haven't used a lot of others to compare it to. This machine does very good at the low end, I have welded pop cans together just for fun. It also has plenty of punch in the high end as I found out when I burned up the torch it came with after running around 200 amps for a half hour or so. Now using CK flex-lok with their sure grip handle. You should be happy with either machine. Hope this helps. Cheers.
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
bt101

Ya I am getting the Dynasty I wanted t get the Everlast because i think its a good machine and to save some money but I like having local support and I know the Dynasty is real good !
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

I’ve had a 280dx for a few years and love it. You will too.

Cheers.
-EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid